News Search

Time to 'Dive' back in

By Senior Airman Thomas T. Charlton | Joint Base Charleston Public Affairs | March 6, 2019

JOINT BASE CHARLESTON, S.C. —

Joint Base Charleston leadership marked the grand reopening of The Dive Bar & Grill on the Naval Weapons Station with a ribbon cutting ceremony March 1, 2019.

The Dive, a restaurant located adjacent to the NWS bowling alley, had been closed since April 2018, and the plans to renovate the establishment started in Nov. 2017. It is one of ten dining facilities on Joint Base Charleston managed by the 628th Force Support Squadron.

“Renovating The Dive was a complete makeover,” said Edward Wigim, 628th FSS chief of community services. “We gutted the entire inside of the building and gave more space and services to both the faculty and our patrons.”

One of the bigger changes to The Dive was its food and beverage services, upgraded to give more variety for customers. They also increased the staff requirements from three to twelve members and added more accommodations as well.

“Before, the only thing we really served food-wise was burgers, but now we’ve added things like brisket, wings, tacos and various appetizers.” said Wigim. “We’ve also got a new sound system for our stage so smaller and local bands can more easily perform here.”

On top of upgrading the food options and the capability for live entertainment, they also added several pool tables and dart boards for recreational use. They will be adding an arcade within the next week or two to further diversify what can be done while at The Dive.

“I’m excited to see this has all come together so well and to see just how many people are going to enjoy this place,” said Wigim. “We want to ensure there is a place everyone can go to and I think we’ve accomplished that here.”

For more information about the menu or events at The Dive, contact them at 843-794-4328, or visit https://www.jbcharleston.com/dining-facilities/dive-bar-grill/#