JOINT BASE CHARLESTON, S.C. –
The 315th Airlift Wing’s 4th Combat Camera Squadron here earned 10 awards in the 2017 Air Force Reserve Command Media Contest.
The Reserve combat camera squadron’s results were:
- 1st Place Picture Story – Tech Sgt. Efren Lopez
- 1st Place Feature Photo – Master Sgt. Elizabeth Conception
- New Photographer of the Year – Staff Sgt. Corban Lundborg
- Military Photographer of the Year – Tech. Sgt. Efren Lopez
- Long Form Production – 4th CTCS
- Operational Videography – Tech Sgt. Wendy Day
- Multimedia Production – Staff Sgt. Jamal Sutter
- Video Story – Tech. Sgt. Tommy Grimes
- New Videographer of the Year – Staff Sgt. Corban Lundborg
- Military Videographer of the Year – Tech. Sgt. Tommy Grimes
“It is an honor to be the first photographer from 4th Combat Camera to win the AFRC Media Contest Photographer of the Year,” said lopez. “This award is one the best highlights of my military career, and was made possible by the opportunities and support provided by the 4th Combat Camera leadership."
"Almost every member of this squadron travels from out of state to perform monthly duty in South Carolina," said Capt. Zach Anderson, flight commander and acting director of operations. "The vast majority travel cross-country from the West Coast. It's not because they can't find another reserve unit in which to serve, it's because they are passionate about being part of the unique combat camera mission. That dedication to the mission is reflected in their work; each member constantly strives for excellence. The recognition these Airmen have received is well-deserved. I could not be prouder of the Airmen of the 4th Combat Camera Squadron."
"Our team sacrifices a lot to provide essential documentation to our military leaders, it is motivating to be honored for our work," added Lundborg.
The winners will be forwarded to Air Force Reserve Command in the Air Force-level competition.