JOINT BASE CHARLESTON, SC –
The Joint Base Charleston commander has downgraded the Health Protection Condition level from HPCON Charlie to HPCON Bravo Aug. 7, 2020.
According to the U.S. Department of Defense official website, personnel operating at an installation adhering to HPCON Bravo guidance should continue to follow HPCON Alpha and HPCON 0 protocols as well as the following:
- Practice social distancing. Avoid unnecessary contact with others, such as shaking hands and hugging.
- Avoid unnecessary travel, especially to areas known to be experiencing active disease transmission.
- Ensure supplies of food, medication and other items needed for babies and pets are available to last at least 14 days.
- Prepare for travel restrictions and cancellation of public gatherings, such as school, religious and other community activities. Make alternative arrangements for childcare.
- Observe local guidance on movement restrictions and access requirements for military installations.
- Seek guidance from employers and unit leaders about changes to work practices (for example, telework) and training events.
- Comply with medical orders for self-isolation or quarantine.
All HPCON level guidance is available at the U.S. Department of Defense official website: https://www.defense.gov/Explore/Inside-DOD/Blog/Article/2128863/hpcon-understanding-health-protection-condition-levels/
In addition, see the below updates for facility statuses current as of Aug. 7, 2020.
Beginning 10 August the following activities will change their posture.
- AAFES and Air Base Club Barbershops/Salons
- AAFES Barbershop - Mon – Sat 1100-1600; Sun – Closed
- AAFES Beauty Shop - Tue – Fri 1100-1600; Sat – Appointment Only; Sun-Mon – Closed
- Air Base Club Barbershop – Mon – Fri 0900-1500
- Air Base Playgrounds Opening
- Air Base & Weapons Station Library book drop off and Summer Reading Program pick-up
- Book drop-off – Mon-Wed 0900-1300 at Air Base and Weapons Station
- Summer Reading Program pick-up – Mon-Tue 0900-1100 AB; Wed-Thu 0900-1100 WS
- Air Base Dining Facility – Dine-in services
- Education Center - Mon-Fri 0800-1500
Beginning 14 August the following activities will change their posture.
- Weapons Station Playgrounds Opening
- Beginning 17 August the following activities will change their posture.
- Outdoor Recreation Center/Outdoor Adventure Center/ITT
- ORC Mon-Fri 0900-1700; (843)250-2351
- OAC Mon-Fri 1100-1700; (843) 714-3992
- Arts & Crafts in-person services
- Mon-Fri 0900-1700; (843) 963-1936
- Short Stay and Air Base/Weapons Station FAMCamps
- Short Stay - Mon-Fri 0800-1700; (843) 743-2608
- Air Base FAMCamp call Outdoor Recreation Center for reservations
- Mon-Fri 0900-1700; (843)250-2351
- Weapons Station FamCamp call Outdoor Adventure Center for reservations
- Mon-Fri 1100-1700; (843) 714-3992
- Foster Creek Villas
- Call Outdoor Adventure Center for reservations Mon-Fri 1100-1700; (843) 297-6317
- Skeet Range
- Sat-Sun 1400-1700, weather permitting
- Short Stay Recreation Area
- Daily 0800-1700; (843) 743-2608
- Air Base and Weapons Station Libraries Opening
Additional activities returning services:
- Air Base and Weapons Station Chapel Services:
- Resuming 15 August
- Sun, Catholic 0900, Protestant 1100
- Lodging Space-A Reservations – 1 September
- Reservations for September and beyond can be made immediately