FORT LEE, VA. –
No matter the occasion, Commissary Gift Cards are always available to help family members, friends and organizations give the gift of groceries.
"Our gift cards are versatile," said Randy Chandler, Defense Commissary Agency's sales director. "They can help a young family in need, offer wholesome eating options to a young service member or make a terrific prize for organizations holding a contest."
The cards, which come in dominations of $25 and $50, can be purchased by anyone at any commissary worldwide or online. However, only an authorized patron can redeem them.
Here are some quick facts about the Commissary Gift Card:
· The cards are available at all commissaries worldwide - on a rack at full-service, front-end registers - as well as through the DeCA website, http://www.commissaries.com
· The cards expire five years from the date of purchase.
· Online orders incur a handling fee. These fees are not assessed to in-store orders.
· There is no limit to the number of gift cards that a purchaser can buy. However, DeCA officials recommend organizations and activities consider purchasing online if they need $500 or more in gift cards.
· Commissary Gift Cards can be shipped anywhere in the United States. Outside the United States, gift cards can be shipped to APO, FPO or DPO addresses.
· For customer service questions, call the toll-free phone number, 877-988-4438, which also allows the user to check the card balance.
To date, the commissaries have sold almost 440,000 gift cards.
"Offering groceries at great prices with multiple ways to pay are more of the ways we are making it easier for our service members and their families to enjoy the commissary benefit they have earned," Chandler said.