JOINT BASE CHARLESTON, S.C. –
Due to the pressing need to provide efficiencies in health care, outpatient obstetrics services will no longer be provided at Naval Health Clinic Charleston effective Feb. 1, 2012.
Patients currently receiving care at NHCC may continue to receive care through Seasons OB/GYN at their North Charleston office located at 9279A Medical Plaza Drive, North Charleston, S.C., 29406.
Women who have not started care at NHCC will receive authorizations to receive care through the TRICARE network. TRICARE Prime patients will have these authorizations initiated through their Primary Care Manager. Humana Military Healthcare Services will send a letter to referred patients within 10 days of the approval of the authorization. Patients are responsible for scheduling their first appointment. For more information regarding TRICARE network referrals, contact 794-6232/6233/6234. For general TRICARE information, call 794-6030.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Who will initiate referrals for TRICARE Prime patients?
Primary Care Managers are responsible for initiating referrals for care in the TRICARE network. PCMs can be contacted at:
1. NHCC: Medical Home Port Gold Team - 794-6800
2. NHCC: Medical Home Port Blue Team - 794-6801
3. NHCC: Underseas Medicine Department - 794-6700
4. 628 Medical Group enrollees should call 963-6880
Who can I call to check on the status of my referral?
Patients may call the Referral Management Center at 794-6232/6233/6234 or the Humana Military Healthcare Services Customer Services line at 800-444-5445.
Where can I receive more information regarding TRICARE cost-shares and benefits?
1. Patients may call the Beneficiary Counseling and Assistance Coordinators at 794-6030.
2. Patients may also call the Humana Military Healthcare Services Customer Service at (800) 444-5445.
3. Patients may walk in to the TRICARE Service Centers located in both NHCC and the 628th Medical Group during normal business hours.
4. Humana Military Healthcare Services Website: www. Humana-military.com
How can I update my address and telephone number in DEERS?
Beneficiaries may call (800) 538-9552 to update their address and telephone number or can update this information via the internet at http://www.dmdc.osd.mil/appj/address/index.jsp