Chief Master Sergeant Rebecca P. Bateman is the Command Chief for the 628th Air Base Wing, Joint Base Charleston, South Carolina. Her mission is to lead Airmen and secure mission success in order to provide and deploy fully combat mission ready expeditionary Airmen to Combatant Commanders in support of Joint and Combined operations worldwide. She guides Base Operating Support covering six different focus areas: Installation Support, Airlift and Airdrop Operations, Naval Nuclear Operators’ Training, Deployable Logistics, Multi-Mission Warfighter Support, and Inter-Agency Cooperation. She also enables installation support missions including the Harbor Security Patrol, the Transportation Isolation System, and the Cooper River Dredging. Additionally, Chief Bateman is responsible for delivering assistance measures to 67 Department of Defense and other Federal agencies and provides installation support to a total force of over 90,000 Airmen, Soldiers, Sailors, Marines, Coast Guardsmen, civilians, dependents, and retirees. She manages $7.5 billion in base property and capital assets with an annual budget exceeding $172 million, while displaying power projection across 23,000 noncontiguous acres. Finally, Chief Bateman leads across several installations including Charleston Air Base, which hosts the 437th Airlift Wing and the 315th Airlift Wing, the Naval Weapons Station Charleston, and the North Auxiliary Airfield.
Chief Bateman enlisted in the Air Force in November 1999 and her background includes various duties in the Security Forces career field to include nuclear and conventional assignments. She served as a Professional Military Education instructor and has held positions at the squadron, group and Headquarters Air Force. She has deployed in support of Operation ENDURING FREEDOM and completed overseas tours in the Republic of Korea, Guam, Italy and Alaska.
Prior to assuming her current position, she served as the Command Chief Master Sergeant, 3rd Wing, Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, AK.
2003 Airman Leadership School, Nellis Air Force Base (AFB), NV.
2004 Associates in Applied Science Degree, Criminal Justice, Community College of the Air Force (CCAF)
2006 Associates in Applied Science Degree, Instructor of Technology and Military Science, CCAF
2010 Joint Senior Enlisted Professional Military Education, by distance learning
2011 Forest L. Vosler NCO Academy, Peterson AFB, CO.
2011 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy Correspondence Course (Course 14v6)
2012 Professional Managers Certification, CCAF
2015 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy Correspondence Course (Base Phase III)
2015 Bachelors of Science, Applied Social Sciences, Colorado State University
2015 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB-Gunter Annex, Ala.
2016 Joint Senior Enlisted Professional Military Education II, by distance learning
2018 Chief Leadership Course, Maxwell AFB-Gunter Annex, Ala.
2020 Senior Enlisted Legal Orientation Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2020 USAF Enterprise Leadership Seminar, Kenan-Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
2021 Predominant Threats and the New Global Framework, Alan L. Freed Associates, Inc., Washington, D.C.
2021 Middle East/South Asia Regional Seminar, Alan L. Freed Associates, Inc., Washington, D.C.
1. April 2000 – April 2001, Police Services Staff Airman, 8th Security Forces Squadron, Kunsan AB, Korea
2. May 2001 – March 2005, Security Forces Instructor, 99th Security Forces Group, Nellis AFB, NV.
3. April 2005 – April 2007, Airman Leadership School Instructor, 36th Security Forces Squadron, Anderson AFB, Guam
4. May 2007 – May 2011, Vault Storage Area Supervisor, 31st Security Forces Squadron, Aviano AB, Italy
5. June 2011 – August 2013, NCOIC, Operations, 341st Missile Security Forces Squadron, Malmstrom AFB, MT.
6. September 2013 – May 2015, Operations Superintendent, 11th Security Forces Squadron, Joint Base Andrews, MD.
7. June 2015 – July 2017, Manager, Nuclear Security Policy Branch, HQ USAF, Pentagon, Washington D.C.
8. August 2017 – December 2018, Security Forces Manager, 21st Security Forces Squadron, Peterson AFB, CO.
9. December 2018 – June 2020, Superintendent, 21st Mission Support Group, Peterson AFB and Cheyenne Mountain AFS, CO.
10. July 2020 – August 2021, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 3rd Wing, Joint Base Elmendorf- Richardson, AK.
11. September 2021 - Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 628th Air Base Wing, Joint Base Charleston, SC.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with three oak leaf clusters
2002 Senior Airman Below the Zone
2003 John L. Levitow Award, Airman Leadership School
2003 Support Staff Airman of the Year, 99th Security Forces Group
2004 Support Staff Noncommissioned of the Year, 99th Security Forces Group
2007 PACAF Enlisted Professional Military Education Instructor of the Year
2009 Noncommissioned Officer of the Year, 31st Security Forces Squadron
2011 Distinguished Graduate, Noncommissioned Officer Academy
2012 Support Staff Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year, 341st Security Forces Group
2014 General Wilma Vaught Visionary Leadership Award, 11th Wing
2015 Distinguished Graduate, Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy
2015 Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year, Headquarters Air Force
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant December 2017
(Current as of September 2021)